How to get a new bike for (almost) free...
First ride your bike home from work.
Next, despite using all safety precautions, looking both ways, riding outside of traffic, etc...get hit by a car. Not so bad that you end up in the trauma ICU but just enough so that you get to ride in an ambulance, have a broken wrist that requires a three month cast instead of the normal six weeks (half of that in a long arm cast), bang up your other shoulder so that it is still sore 10 months later, both of which required physical therapy...oh, and total your bike.
The insurance company then sends you a check towards a new bike.
Rafal named his Black Beauty.
He loves it.
But I think he would have rather not been hit by a car...just a guess.
I certainly could have done without the accident. The new bike is sweet indeed!
ReplyDeleteTavish is so sweet in this picture by the lake... I love it.!
ReplyDelete