Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Gingerbread, Stockings and Santa

Yesterday I finally hung up our stockings...we don't have a fireplace in the apartment and I was trying to figure out where to hang them when I remembered this rack. I got it when Mom was visiting and I took her to my favorite antique shops...she told me she would take me out over this awesome mantle we both loved, but it turns out I don't have a house to put it in right now and she couldn't fit it in her suitcase. So I got the rack instead and it's perfect for our stockings. This morning we woke to find Fizbee, our elf, perched on top ready to keep an eye on Tavish and report back to Santa.


Then we went to visit the big man himself. This was Tavish's first visit to the mall Santa and he did great...he's had lots of practice with his own private Grandpa Santa. Here he is waiting for his turn at the North Pole...it looks pretty but fake snow doesn't brush off well and the people in line behind us didn't appreciate it being thrown on their baby (too bad Fizbee wasn't watching then...)


In the evening Tavish got to decorate his own gingerbread man. Trader Joe's has these awesome kits that includes everything so mom doesn't have to do anything :) Tavish loved decorating it and has been loving eating it every day since.


Here's the final product...fast forward three days and you would find he has no arms or legs and his belly is rapidly disappearing.


And here's our cute little gingerbread man in his new winter hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment