Sunday, August 5, 2012

Catching up...May in VA

Tavish and I got home from Seattle the day before Mother's Day and I have decided that is the best time to go on vacation without your husband because Mother's Day morning this was what I woke up to...


Breakfast in bed accompanied by flowers from our yard.



After church Rafal made me steak and scallops (which I didn't even know he could cook!).
Lana and Joe brought over homemade lasagna for dinner.
And best of all...Rafal did the dishes too...now that is hot!




May brought something I never thought I would see...Rafal at a baseball game!
Not growing up with baseball he has always said it's a boring American sport, so of course it took a work commitment to get him to a baseball game.  I forgot how nice it is to watch a game on a warm summer evening with good conversation and bad food. Rafal enjoyed it too and he even said the other day he wants to go to another game...wow!





May=Memorial Weekend=first beach trip of the summer.
This time Rafal discovered a horseshoe crab which apparently is unusual for this beach.




Here's the underside, isn't it gross?
Of course, Tavish has been asking to go back to the beach every day since.

No comments:

Post a Comment