Friday, February 28, 2014

And now it's gone...

Out of the blue, Tavish had been saying recently that he wished he would lose his teeth. I dismissed it thinking it wouldn't happen for another year or two. Then one day I glanced at his teeth and thought the bottom ones seemed to be getting more crooked...which I'm probably sensitive to since I've had my braces on for two and half years and am getting a little sick of them. Anyhow...the next day it seemed even worse and when I looked more closely I realized it wasn't crooked but loose! And then the one next to it was loose too! Then Sunday morning he came running in to our room, tooth in hand, and woke us up telling us he had pulled out his tooth...  






This wiggly tooth came out the following Thursday...it was hanging on by a thread and when I went to work, Tara the babysitter pulled it out because she was afraid he would aspirate it. So I've missed both teeth coming out. But we have a happy boy.



And this is the pillow the Tooth Fairy brought Tavish after he lost his first tooth so he could put his lost tooth in the pocket and she would in return leave him a little treat in there. Funny story...as we were putting him to bed the night he lost his first tooth and leaving it out for the tooth fairy, Tavish told me in all seriousness that the Tooth Fairy brings a gold coin for lost teeth (I think he saw it on a cartoon somewhere).  But he really believed it and expected it. What's a Tooth Fairy to do at 8pm on Sunday night??? Luckily the Tooth Fairy's helper had happened to go through a toll while driving recently and gotten a gold coin which he donated to the lost tooth fund. For the second tooth the Tooth Fairy brought two chocolate gold coins :)

No comments:

Post a Comment